What is a school without its teachers? Teachers are the backbone of AISS and the supporting staff takes care of all the other matters. Teachers at AISS are dedicated, supportive and care for their subjects and students.
- Eng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering, University of Nottingham, England
- Taught Pre-IGCSE Physics and Chemistry in Milebridge High
- 12 years of teaching experience in Aspiration International Secondary School and other institutions
After being encouraged by his friends to take up part-time tutoring during college, Jayadass eventually became a full time tutor.
K BHUVANA SUMANGALI GANESH
- Bachelor in Science (Mathematics), Anna University
- Taught Math, Science and Malay in Sekolah Sri Bestari
- 17 years of teaching experience in Aspiration International Secondary School and other institutions
Bhuvana always had a passion for teaching and helping children, so she decided to choose this line as a teacher.
LEM SIOW WUI
Math, Accounting, & Economics Teacher
- Degree in Accounting & Finance, University of Malaya
- Taught Math and Accounting in Fairview International School
- 20 years of teaching experience in Aspiration International Secondary School and other institutions
After graduating from university, Lem was suggested to work as a teacher while she was in the midst of job hunting, which had brought her to where she is today.
- MBBS, International Medical University
- Worked as a house officer in HKL before becoming a teacher
- 8 years of teaching experience in total
“Since I was young, my dream was to always to be an educator and when I felt the time was right, I made a switch in my career path.”
- Diploma in TESOL (Grade A), London Teacher Training College (LTTC) via Brickfields Asia College (BAC)
- Honors Degree in Computer Science, University Sains Malaysia (USM) via Stamford College
- Masters Degree in Education (Education Management), Open University Malaysia
- Taught as an English Language Teacher in ELS Malaysia
- 14 years of teaching experience in Aspiration International Secondary School and other institutions
“I became a teacher by accident – being unable to find a teacher for a class in an English Language centre, I taught the class myself and that’s how I discovered I loved teaching.”
NOR SYAFIQAH BT SALEH
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science Education (Hons.) Chemistry, MARA University of Technology Malaysia, UiTM
- 1 year of teaching experience
- During Syafiqah’s second year of university, she challenged herself to be a part-time tutor and she enjoyed delivering and sharing new knowledge to the students. This coupled with her formal training confirmed her passion to be an educator.
A very passionate person towards education and aiming to be a versatile educator in line with current education needs to ensure every student enjoy the learning process in and out of the classroom.
MAINURAIN BINTI MEOR SHAMSOOL
- Bachelor of Science with Honors (Conservation Biology), University of Malaysia, Sabah
- Taught Primary Science , Biology (year 7-8), Chemistry (year 7), Physics (year 7-9) in Alnoor International School
- 4 years of teaching experience in total
“Before Aspiration, I was working as a part time tutor. Then I discovered that I had a passion for teaching, so I went on to be a full time teacher.”
Mathematics & Global Perspectives Teacher
- BSc Business Administration in International Business & Finance, San Francisco State University Masters in Educational Leadership and Management (in progress), University of Nottingham
- 5 years of teaching experience
Mr. Isaac had developed a reputation of being a kind, caring and passionate educator. He had demonstrated an admirable diligence in teaching Mathematics. A self-starter and a person brimming with innovative ideas, Mr. Isaac had been trusted as Head of Department and Vice Principal.
English Literature & Drama Teacher
- Bachelor of Arts (English), University of Malaya
- Taught English Literature as a private tutor
- 2 years of teaching experience in total
“My favorite part of being a teacher in AISS is that the students keep you on your toes. They’re a lovable bunch!”
NGAI YIN YIN
Math & Additional Math Teacher
- Degree in Mathematics, University of Malaya
- Taught as a freelance tutor
- 10 years of teaching experience in total
“What I like about this school is that the teachers can freely set the syllabus and choose what’s best for the students.”
- BSc Degree in Physical Education & Coaching, Semmelweis University (TF), faculty of physical education and sport science, Budapest, Hungary
- Worked as a Head of PE in Beaconhouse Sri Inai International school officer
- 7 years of teaching experience in total
English and Global Perspective Teacher
- Master of Science, University of London
- 9 years of teaching experience in total
- Coming from Netherlands, involved in education since 2006 and has been teaching ever since. He has been teaching in Europe, the USA, Africa and now in Malaysia. He embraces all differences humanity has to give, and that there is more that unites than divides us as human beings. He holds this life-lesson dear and takes with him wherever he goes.
NG WEI LI
Diploma in Illustration, The One Academy
- BA (First Class Honours) Visual Communications – Illustration, Birmingham City University, England
- Taught Life drawing, painting, figure studies, & creative thinking in The One Academy a tutor
- 4 years of teaching experience in Aspiration International Secondary School and other institutions
“I have a strong passion for art. Since young, I believed Malaysian children should have more exposure to different types of art and expand their minds.”
TAN SZEE LING
Accounting & Economics Teacher
- Bachelor of Commerce (HONS) Accounting, UTAR
- 10 years of teaching experience in total
After a few years in the corporate sector, Tan became a teacher to regenerate and revisit her passion for teaching.
History and Geography Teacher
- Bachelor of Education (HONOURS) – TESL, Management and Science University
- 5 years of teaching experienced in total
“I love teaching History and Geography subjects in AISS. Especially project-based learning, case studies, analysis on primary and secondary resources.”
- Bachelor of Arts, Wilfred Laurier University Canada
- 28 years of teaching experience
Ms Julie Koh is a teacher of over 20 years. She started teaching IGCSE Mathematics and Additional Mathematics from 2010. Since 2018, she has also been asked to conduct seminars and intensive revision classes for IGCSE Mathematics and Additional Mathematics for students of all capabilities
- Degree in Music, University of Malaya
- 2 years of teaching experience
Emerged as Champion and Most Popular Song Award, the 14th Chinese Song Writing Competition Intervarsity, Singer, UM, April 2019.
- Achieved Gold in International Choir Competition, the 16th Malaysian Choral Eisteddfod, KLPAC, Nov 2018.
- Composing a Song ‘Let’s Drive to the Future’, Graduation Song of Pintar College 10th Graduation Ceremony, September 2017.
“I tutored vocal lessons ever since I studied in University, and it became my passion. My favorite part of being a teacher in AISS is because they have a good culture.”
KUMAR A/L SINATHAMBI
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, City University College
- 14 years of teaching in total including outside of AISS
- Have been employed at several secondary schools in Selangor and Malaysia across all year groups.
“Learning is my favorite thing about teaching and sharing the experience of learning and ensuring students become self-directed learners. “
LIM SIOK LIN
English Reading, Grammar & Humanities Teacher
- Graduated from Davies College, UK
- Worked in Fairview International School as a coordinator
- 37 years of teaching experience in Aspiration International Secondary School and other institutions
“What I love about working here? Well, I love to influence children with the right attitude, to make them do better.”